The Forgotten Pact
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Forgotten Pact

Welcome to the darkest lair. Don't get too comfortable.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Open discussion] Global RP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grevor

Grevor

[Open discussion] Global RP Empty
PostSubject: [Open discussion] Global RP   [Open discussion] Global RP EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:23 am

I was wondering what your idea's were about the server's RP and how we could possibly help to improve it. Not just that though, share your thoughs about our role on the server.

Grevor
Back to top Go down
Amaline

Amaline

PostSubject: Re: [Open discussion] Global RP   [Open discussion] Global RP EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:32 am

Well actually, I believe that unlike Argent Dawn with the Holy-Moly almighty paladins RP, we have no identity.
Propably because, dunno, most roleplayers moved to other servers.
My idea of the Pact in this server, is that we are the elites y'know, the scary, unapproachable ones. And that's what people have always thought of us, even I did before my joining.

As for how we could help to improve it, I think we should get more involved with the rest of the roleplayers/guilds. This way we can make either enemies or friends or none, just aquitances, and help improve the RP level which is currently quite low.
Back to top Go down
Grevor

Grevor

PostSubject: Re: [Open discussion] Global RP   [Open discussion] Global RP EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:20 am

Exactly. Though the hardest part is to actually rp, to show that rp isnt dead, its pretty impossible for the pact to up and just rp a good ol' converstion. This because there is a floating tag above our head.
Back to top Go down
Senyiu

Senyiu

PostSubject: Re: [Open discussion] Global RP   [Open discussion] Global RP EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:46 pm

One of the biggest problems is that because there's low RP on the server right now, all the hero roleplayers (Which there are a lot of) are just waiting for a chance to do something, so every time dark roleplayers, like us, show up, they'll immediately begin to fight us since they're so desperate for RP and aren't going to wait and see it evolve. A lot of the hero roleplayers also want everything to go their way, so they will most likely not give us the smallest chance to prevail, since they all want to be special at the same time and save the day. So that usually ends up with huge emote battles where nobody wants to lose, which will probably end up in OOC discussions about what proper roleplaying is, thus probably making people start arguments and end the roleplaying that has just finally started again. I don't really know what we can do about it. We should try to get more people to join us, or atleast become dark roleplayers aswell, making the battles more even so that both sides can prevail, which will keep the RP alive. Though things will always be difficult as long as we have hero roleplayers on the server who are NEVER ready to lose.
Back to top Go down
Kareckian

PostSubject: Re: [Open discussion] Global RP   [Open discussion] Global RP EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:04 pm

I do certainly agree with you, Jake. There are a lot of two-shoe wannabee-special-heroes (Schochal) out there. These players are highly inmature and therefore hate to lose. Such players will never admit defeat, not even for the sake of good story-telling. They do not see RP as Roleplay, but simply as a competition. When these players have the opportunity to not lose they certainly will not admit defeat, and it is so that they are shunned upon by most other roleplayers. A way to prevent this kind of bollocks (and my favourite for the record) is to simply balls to the walls "take it at the gates".
That's right, I mean with duels. Many roleplayers tend to duel in order to settle their arguements. When fighting a player that refuses to admit defeat, (When you truly should be the victor) you should always challenge the individual to a duel. Naturally, we need to remember that we too must also give in to the "goodies" at times. The loser of the duel will then be at mercy at the hands of the other player. If a player refuses to duel, it counts as a forfeit.
Back to top Go down
Grevor

Grevor

PostSubject: Re: [Open discussion] Global RP   [Open discussion] Global RP EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Like many other roleplayers, i fucking hate pvp. Solution? Short reply -> blame telephone keyboard
Back to top Go down
Senyiu

Senyiu

PostSubject: Re: [Open discussion] Global RP   [Open discussion] Global RP EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:04 pm

But duelling will completely remove the RP aspect of a fight and turn it entirely into a competition. And if the childish bad roleplayers didn't want to lose emote battles where the odds were completely against them, then I doubt that they will go through a duel without using arguments like: "PvP isn't RP and duels will remove all creativity from fights and just make the person who plays the most OOC, the strongest person IC" which are actually reasonable arguments. I just don't think duels will solve the problems. They'll definately not make RP more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Amaline

Amaline

PostSubject: Re: [Open discussion] Global RP   [Open discussion] Global RP EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:50 am

Yup yup.
And apart from that... SCHOCHAL HAS FUCKING UBER PVP ARMOR!
Ahem. Back to the topic.
Actually to be honest, I can't be arsed with people like Reathor and Schochal at RP fights, so i do tend to step away of such fights... But if teh occur, I do what Ancient Greeks said we should do. Fight fire with damn fire. Imagine a roleplay fight with Schochal, when you use exactly the SAME emote strategy as he does? I mean that's the best way to fuck them upside down. Use a total sum of game mechanics, and yeah I fancy using my alchemy in there. Last time I fought Schochal I used teh same style of emoting as he did, although I gave a boring mood to my charcter as well. When he saw he could not win he said "I can't be bothered to fight one who seems bored to raise a blade".
Of course, by all means, I dont mean we should LolRPPowerEmoteGods, but make them seem either ridiculous, or piss them off without breaking any rules.
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Open discussion] Global RP   [Open discussion] Global RP Empty

Back to top Go down

[Open discussion] Global RP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forgotten Pact :: RP General-
Jump to: